Note: for more on principles applicable to all types of report, see reports.
Business reports require you to analyse a situation and provide either a solution to a problem or suggestions for improvement. They are structured formally, with sections and headings. There is variability among reports with respect to sections. So, you should always refer to your assignment instructions, or ask your lecturer directly, about what sections are required.
In this section
- What is a business report?
- Business report structure
- Inductive vs. deductive reports
- Other kinds of business communication
- Business report writing resources
- Business report format and layout